UPON ARISING (6-7 AM)
- Drink one 8 oz. glass of filtered water with a half of lemon squeezed into the water
- Drink one 8 oz. of filtered water with 1 oz. unsweetened cranberry juice.
- (you may add wheat grass juice and/or psyllium husks to the cranberry, if desired)
BREAKFAST (7-8 AM)
- Eat one piece of ½ cup fresh fruit. Good choices are apple, grapes, oranges, ½ grapefruit, pears, cherries, ½ mango, ¼ papaya, melon or pineapple.
- 15-30 minutes after, eat 1-2 cups of cooked whole grains, such as amaranth, buckwheat, millet, quinoa, or brown rice. Avoid gluten containing grains, such as barley, corn, oats, rye and wheat.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons flax oil to the grains and sweeten with stevia or xylitol.
- Take supplements: 300-400 mg DHA, 200-400 IU natural vitamin E, other antioxidants, such as selenium, vitamin A, vitamin C, SOD, and Co Q 10. Also take a liver detoxifying supplement containing herbs such as milk thistle & dandelion. Take 250-500 mg magnesium. Consume a probiotic supplement, such as acidophilus and bifidus.
MIDMORNING SNACK (11AM)
- Sip 1-2 cups of vegetable water left over from steaming previous night’s dinner.
- Take 100 mg vitamin C powder buffered with calcium and magnesium mixed with 6 oz. water
LUNCH (12-1 PM)
- Steam up to 4 cups raw vegetables in at least 2 cups water until they are tender, but still crisp. Prepare at least 4 different vegetables per meal aiming for variety of different colors, textures and flavors. Add vegetables to the pot according to their cooking times. Beets, yams and potatoes take about 15 minutes when cut into 1-2 inch cubes. Broccoli, leeks, peppers, and greens take about 5 minutes when chopped into bite sized pieces.
- Season your veggies with 1 tsp. olive or pumpkin seed oil to which you’ve added pressed garlic to taste. Fresh herbs such as basil, mint, or oregano may also be used.
- For 2-3 meals during the week, substitute steamed veggies with 4 cups raw vegetables, such as carrots, beets, cabbage, tomatoes, spinach, celery, lettuce, and cucumber dressed with olive and pumpkin seed oil mixed with the juice of half of a lemon.
AFTERNOON SNACK (3pm)
- Sip 1-2 cups of the vegetable water left over from steaming lunch.
- Take 1000 mg vitamin C powder buffered with calcium and magnesium mixed with 6 oz. water.
- If you are hungry, eat ½ to 1 cup cooked legumes, such as lentils, or sprouted beans, such as garbanzos.
- 4 cups veggies, steamed, reserving the water for next day’s mid morning snack.
- Do not eat after dinner. Drink non-caffeinated teas, such as peppermint or chamomile.
- Take more liver cleansing herbs.
BEFORE BED (9-10PM)
- Take 500-1000 mg calcium malate or citrate.
DO’S & DON’TS
- Do: Exercise one hour per day.
- Do: Consume organic produce.
- Do: Drink at least 8-8oz glasses of filtered water every day.
- Do: Chew food thoroughly and don’t do anything else, except eat, at mealtimes.
- DON’T: Consume caffeine, refined and processed products.
- DO: Add food back gradually, starting with beans, nuts, and grains. Note if any foods cause reactions.